In order for the area to heal where the tooth was removed, please make sure your child complies with the following instructions:
- Bite on the gauze until bleeding has stopped.
- Do not rinse the mouth for the remainder of the day.
- Eat a soft diet and drink fluids for the rest of the day.
- Avoid very hot or very cold fluids.
- Do not drink through a straw.
- The lip, cheek and tongue may be numb for as long as 2 hours in the area where the tooth was removed. During this period your child may chew or bite his/her lip, cheek and tongue without feeling any pain. Please observe your child carefully to help avoid injury.
- Children’s Tylenol or Motrin may be taken for pain or discomfort.