In order for the area to heal where the tooth was removed, please make sure your child complies with the following instructions.
1. Bite on the gauze until bleeding has stopped.
2. Do not rinse the mouth for the remainder of the day.
3. Eat a soft diet and drink fluids for the remainder of the day.
4. Avoid very hot or very cold fluids.
5. Do not drink through a straw.
The lip, cheek and tongue may be numb for as long as 2 hours in the area **where the tooth was removed. During this period your child may chew *or bite his/her lip, cheek and tongue without feeling any pain. Please...
* Observe your child carefully to help avoid injury.
* Children's Tylenol or Motrin may be taken for pain or discomfort.