Martha Ann Keels, DDS, PhD
Dylan S. Hamilton, DMD, MS
Erica A. Brecher, DMD, MS
Pediatric Dental Specialists
2711 N. Duke Street
Durham, NC 27704
Extraction Post-Op Instructions
In order for the area to heal where the tooth was removed, please make sure your child complies with the following instructions:
- Bite on the gauze until bleeding has stopped.
- Do not rinse the mouth for the remainder of the day.
- Eat a soft diet and drink fluids for the rest of the day.
- Avoid very hot or very cold fluids.
- Do not drink through a straw.
- The lip, cheek and tongue may be numb for as long as 2 hours in the area where the tooth was removed. During this period your child may chew or bite his/her lip, cheek and tongue without feeling any pain. Please observe your child carefully to help avoid injury.
- Children’s Tylenol or Motrin may be taken for pain or discomfort.
Helpful Pediatric Dentistry Info:
Schedule your Child’s Appointment Today!
We are conveniently located for your child's next visit...
Our mission is to provide the best comprehensive dental care for your infant, child and adolescent in a friendly, safe and state-of-the-art environment.
We want your child to develop a positive attitude toward dental health and learn the necessary skills to maintain a cavity-free smile for a lifetime.
As parents, we welcome you to stay with your child for all dental appointments. We encourage your involvement in your child’s dental care. We strive to educate you and your child about achieving and maintaining good oral health.
If a problem does develop, we will offer you all treatment options and work with you to determine the best treatment plan and most compassionate approach for your child.
We consider it a privilege to treat your child.
Read our Reviews
Loved by Kids...Trusted by Parents.